Saturday, November 7, 2009

French Broad River Park/Dog Park

This brief article will introduce you to the French Broad River Park/Dog Park, a beautiful, urban, riverside park with a great trails and a popular dog park.  This Park is located at 508 Riverview Drive.  At the City's Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts website the Park's features are summarized:

"One acre fenced and wood chipped yard for off-leash dogs. The Dog Park features a large fenced-in area, with a water pump, perfect for exercising and socializing your dog."



 

This Park is a relatively easy bike ride from my place; I take Meadow Road off of Biltmore Avenue and follow it to Amboy Road.  After turning onto Amboy Road, you will find the Park entrance located a very short distance on your right, just beyond the bridge.  I enjoy visiting this Park, with its "on-the-river" views and its access to Carrier Park, only about a mile to the west on Amboy Road.  This is a beautiful Park and that fact alone is sufficient attraction.  However, the Park also provides a popular dog park.  I don't own a dog but if I did I would certainly consider taking it on regular outings to the facility provided here.





 







For a nice riverside stroll or a canine social event with Fido, this Park is a great asset to Asheville residents.  I visit it every chance I get and usually go by bike from where I live - a choice that provides a nice little work-out while enjoying the scenery.  By the way, the pictures provided in this article were taken on 11/5/09.  Hope you enjoyed your online visit to the French Broad River Park/Dog Park - another place to enjoy while Living in Asheville, North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment