Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Biltmore Avenue Bridge Closed - 1/4/10

As first reported here in an article on 11/3/09, the Biltmore Avenue Bridge is being replaced.  Monday, the old bridge closed permanently.  I was likely one of the last few drivers to use the bridge as I traversed it on the way to an 11:00 am appointment.  When I retraced my route 1.5 hours later the bridge was closed and I was forced to detour.  For a little more detail on this project, check out my previous article and stay tuned to local media for updates.  It seems we'll have a few months of traffic disruption but I, for one, think gaining a new, reliable and attractive bridge will be worth the temporary hassle.

 
5 January 2010

 
5 January 2010 - looking north


5 January 2010 - looking northwest

No comments:

Post a Comment