Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Healthcare: My Visit to Mission Hospital

Recently, I sustained a minor head injury from a fall after slipping on a patch of ice.  A few days later, complications arose and I was admitted to Mission Hospital, 509 Biltmore Avenue.  I am fine and on the mend now but thought a brief mention of my experience would make for a nice little article in the blog.  From a patient standpoint, I feel I was well treated and provided compassionate and expert care while at Mission.  I encountered many doctors, nurses, and technicians and I must say, without exception, everyone treated me respectfully, as an individual and with kindness and concern for my situation.  I wanted to remark on this care because, in my experience with hospitals, Mission excelled.




A little about the hospital.  From its website, one learns Mission is the regional referral center for western North Carolina.  Mission and St. Joseph's, across the street, entered into a full merger in 1998 and became the core of the Mission Health Care System.  This system also includes Blue Ridge Regional Hospital, in Mitchell County, and The McDowell Hospital, in Marion.  Mission Hospital, in Asheville, has over 6000 employees, including over 1800 registered nurses.  The hospital is licensed for over 800 beds and bassinets.  Mission operates under a Certificate of Public Advantage issued by the State of North Carolina and designed to ensure that its charges are fair and it provides documented benefit to the community.  Mission is a community-owned, not-for-profit hospital.

So, I'm glad to be getting back to normal and out of the hospital.  However, if I needed hospital care again, I would not hesitate to visit Memorial Mission.  And remember, when Living in Asheville, North Carolina during the winter months - take care to not slip on ice!  Not fun. Thanks to the hospital staff, my friends and family for their support and well-wishes during my recent hospital stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment